Monday 3 February 2014

Barking

Set out on an adventure in the woods on yesterdays evening with my girlfriend. It was supposed to be an ordinary evening walk to get away from the telly for a while. That was soon to be changed. Why you ask? Well, turned out the woods were full of.... trees! And trees means bark, and bark means a shitload of stone look-alike in miniature format. I had in secrecy brought my trusty mora-knife (swedish quality!) in the specific case the woods would be full of wood. So we skulked around for about an hour, filling up my bark depot.

We also stumbled upon some  poplar trees that had interesting texture so i grabbed some of that and brought it home. This bark is sturdier than the pine bark and dont flake as easily. The flaking of the pine bark means problem when attaching the models since there is a risk that the model breaks loose if you have magnetized them. So I´ll have to pin my models to my bases from now on instead of only glue them into place.

Anyhow, here is a picture showing the poplar bark:


It´s going to need  a bit of cleaning since it´s covered with lichen. A toothbrush should take care of that without a problem.

Hamsters and rangers everywhere. Rejoice!


1 comment:

  1. Looks good, hopefully it will give you the finish you desire!

    ReplyDelete